Built by William Beardmore & Company, Limited in Glasglow Scotland in 1921, Cameronia was 578 feet long and 70 feet wide, displacing 16,280 gross tons. She was powered by steam turbines geared to twin screws for a service speed of 16 knots. Passenger capacity was 1,785 (265 First Class, 370 Second Class and 1,150 Third Class).
Cameronia was built for the Anchor Line (British Flag) and sailed the Glasgow – New York route. She was requisitioned as a troopship in 1940 and used as such until 1947. She was then rebuilt as an Australian immigration ship for the British Ministry of Transport and put to sea in 1948. In 1953 she was renamed Empire Clyde. She was decomissioned in 1956 and broken up in Wales in 1957.
|Builder:||William Beardmore and Co, Clydebank|
|Fate:||Scrapped in Wales 1957|
|Tonnage:||16, 280 gr tons|
|Propulsion||Steam Turbines / Twin Screws|